i write about what i love to watch and hate to hear, what i don't like to see and what i can't wait to listen to.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dreams are not lived on the sidelines...

I have 2 favorite "football movies" even though I have yet to see The Blindside. Remember the Titans is a movie I can watch over and over again; it has an excellent cast and storyline. I especially love stories that are "based on a true story," which would explain more of my love for history...
Invincible is the story of Vince Papale (played by the handsome Mark Wahlberg), a Philadelphia native who had been an Eagles fan since he can remember. Set back in the 70's, it shows the history of the era including the disco-style and the hard times of factory workers. It's has unbelievable cinematography and art direction and has a fantastic script and storyline. It is based on a true story on how Vince, a regular guy who is down on life (his wife leaves him and he lost his job), triumphs as he makes the 1976 Philadelphia Eagles team. It's just a must-see film and you can watch it with family or friends...oh and the Soundtrack is like a greatest hits CD. I love it....I must have watched it about 10 times by now, at least.
Disney does it again...


No comments:

Post a Comment