i write about what i love to watch and hate to hear, what i don't like to see and what i can't wait to listen to.

Monday, February 8, 2010

How much do you want for this post?

Pawn Stars... an interesting collection of young and old dudes from Las Vegas. This show is on the History Channel and it is definitely one of my favorites. In other words, I tune in every time is see that it's on. I could watch a Pawn Stars marathon everyday because of the history AND the comedy of this show. I have learned a lot about antique guns, coins, American and World History, knives, you name it...

There are 2 bonuses to this show. First you get to see how a Pawn Shop actually works. If you have never been in a Pawn Shop (like me) it gives you a good idea about what they will buy (and for how much). It makes me think of my Grandma's huge house and all the history in there. I wish she would stop hoarding and let me take something in and get on the show! The second bonus is the cast. The owner Rick has that funny breathing laugh that kinda sounds like he is coughing at the same time. The "Old Man" is genuinely old...and says some funny things (and makes a lot of bets). He also looks like Jabba the Hut (thanks Vince). Big Hoss (Rick's son) has this friend Chum Lee that gets really excited over the things like life-size power rangers and pinball machines; they also make him test fire all the antique guns in case they backfire. I like when they bring experts in to price items and make sure they are real...I can't ever recall a favorite episode. You would have to see for yourself and learn something while you're at it.

Take a look and tune into the History Channel. New Episodes are Mondays.
This episode features a John Hancock signed document and an Indiana Jones Whip straight from the movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment